(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week)
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
If yes then read on…”
We are recruiting a Training and Development Manager to join our established team. This is an exciting position to support our company strategy and ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional service to the business and our customers.
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic and organised individual with a proven track record of working within a Training and Development Managers role within a fast-paced environment. You should have at least 2 years’ experience of training within a GMP/ISO 9001 environment in which you have designed and delivered accredited and in-house training programmes.
To undertake this role, you should have excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary. The successful candidate must have excellent written and spoken communication skills that allows them to inform and advise others clearly. Experience of working within a manufacturing environment and internal verification knowledge would be desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a proficient Training and Development Manager who can solve problems whilst using their initiative to offer new ideas within deadlines that will assist the company to continue to grow and meet its objectives. The ideal candidate should have a CIPD qualification in Learning and Development. A degree in science is desirable but not essential
What will be expected of you
The training and development role operates within a growing and dynamic organisation supporting operations carried out under an MHRA ‘Specials’ manufacturing license and is focused on but not limited to good manufacturing practice and quality management systems training.
Be responsible for;
- Managing the learning and professional development of the company’s’ workforce
- Designing and delivering training or co-ordinating for others to ensure effective completion
Your tasks will include but not exclusive to;
- Understanding learning theories and the range of available teaching methods including e-learning techniques and their appropriate application.
- Working with department managers and human resources to identify training and development needs and the required learning outcomes to achieve the necessary competencies.
- Designing and ensuring the delivery of effective training materials and assessments.
- Working with managers to ensure that training complies with statutory requirements including HSE and GMP.
- Managing the scheduling and delivery of training and development programmes and monitor and review progress.
- Measuring the effectiveness of training and adapt training appropriately to ensure continuous improvement and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Leading on the competency assessment of internal trainers.
- Working with externally accredited awarding bodies to develop and maintain current and future training qualifications.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £35,000 to £40,000 per annum (depending on knowledge, skills and experience)
- 29 days paid holiday, increasing with service up to 34 days (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
About the company
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Microgenetics Ltd is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The QPHL Group now includes over 260 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit.
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
If you would like a full job description for this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV detailing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role, please email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is – Tuesday 14th May 2019. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 29th May 2019. You will be contacted by Thursday 16th May 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.