Science Manufacturing Technician Apprentice – Corsham – Wiltshire
Permanent – 37.5 hours per week (includes day release at college)
What we do
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services
About the role
You will be part of our established apprenticeship team that prepare and manufacture lifechanging medicines. The Science Manufacturing Technician Apprentice will be working towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science.
The Bath ASU Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship is a superb opportunity to develop and progress your career in aseptic pharmaceutical manufacturing. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will get exposure to different departments across the business. You will get exposure to; Quality Assurance (regulatory compliance), Quality Control (exposure to laboratory work), manufacturing activities, batch manufacturing documentation creation, research, and development. After the successful completion of your apprenticeship, and depending on performance, there is potential for you to progress to a supervisory level.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about making a difference to patient lives, dedicated to improving company processes, has a drive to be an expert in what they do, wants to be part of our fantastic company community and is as committed to their career training and progression as we are. Do you have the qualities that we are looking for? If so you could join our friendly and dynamic team
Apprenticeships start in September 2020 and are for 24 to 30 months in partnership with Wiltshire College.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Following our standard operating procedures
- Participating in activities concerned with any aseptic pharmaceutical activity within our manufacturing unit, these include activities such as:
- Labelling and packaging the finished medicines
- Assisting with the assembly of ingredients
- Decontamination of ingredients and components entering our clean rooms
- Inspecting our finished products
- Checking ingredients that have been assembled ready for decontamination
- Assisting with any activities in the clean rooms
- Undertake daily cleaning and monitoring the unit and equipment
- Assisting in Quality Control as required
- Completing relevant documentation
- You will need to maintain personal hygiene in line with Good Manufacturing Practice. This is important to prevent any contamination in our medicines
You do not need experience to become an apprentice, but you should have or be on course to complete A’Levels in science and have obtained GCSE’s in English, Maths and Science (Grades A-C/9-5). We are looking for apprentices that have:
- Outstanding attention to detail, and be willing to follow precise instructions
- A strong work ethic and are proactive
- A flexible can-do attitude
- Good communication skills
- A methodical and organised approach
You should also have the capability and passion for continuing your development through to higher qualifications.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Hourly rate of £7.37
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
How to apply
For more information on this position please contact 01225 811131. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is – 19th June 2020. You will then be notified if you have been successful for an interview the following week. Interviews are scheduled for w/c 6th July 2020.