This is a permanent role.
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technological capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
On offer is an unrivalled opportunity to join a successful, rapidly expanding company with a great team spirit. We are currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Operations Manager who will manage the QA and QC teams. You will lead our friendly, dynamic team in the development of our capacity and capability to deliver our products to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond.
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will need to be a registered Pharmacist/Pharmacy Technician or member of the Royal Society of Chemistry/Biology (or eligible). You must have knowledge and awareness of the principles of QA, experience in managing others and a specific understanding of GMP. Previous experience in an aseptic and/or specials manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- Manage the QA releasing and QC teams with regards to the daily operational requirements including rotas, holiday, sickness & absence, recruitment, training and induction to ensure both teams are adequately skilled and resourced.
- Arrange/provide support in any rota system that operates within the QA Product release/ QC team to deliver our service commitments. Duties include but are not limited to Batch Release, Batch documentation review, Equipment Validation, Assays.
- Documentation control and maintenance. Ensure that SOPs are complied with and processes and procedures kept up to date.
- Identify the requirement for and implement training and development of QA and QC staff.
- Maintain and approve the training records for all QA and QC staff members and ensure they are complete and kept up to date.
- Coordinate review and approval of QC documentation.
- Support the HR department in staff appraisals, assessing performance, objective setting, and developing action plans.
- Produce and interpret regular reports against predetermined KPIs for the QA and QC teams for dissemination to the Head of Quality, Production Management, Managing Director and Audit/Risk Committee as appropriate.
- Ensure the timely investigation of complaints and deviations from the quality system, assign appropriate corrective actions, recommend preventative measures and measure their effectiveness.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to contribute to our continuing growth. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- £35-£45k (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills) per annum pro rata
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with immediate access to the World Heritage City of Bath you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero-carbon status.
Commit to excellence. Join our team “Where patients come first”. If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is – 21st November 2018. Initial interviews will take place on 4th December 2018. You will be contacted by the 23rd November if you have been shortlisted for the initial interviews.