(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week worked on a rota between 07:00am and 20:00pm)
Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Due to the expansion of our site and services we are currently recruiting Production Officers. This would be a great opportunity for an individual who is interested in a career within the pharmaceutical industry who wants to be part a team that are involved in the production of aseptically prepared products. You will work within the team to continue to develop our capacity and capability so that we can continue to deliver our products to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond.
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- Produce batch documentation for cytotoxic batch manufacture and patient specific products, Pain Control and IV additive products
- Conduct Production Batch release activities ensuring that products and documentation meet both the Product Specification and GMP requirements
- Assist with production planning as required
- To facilitate quality improvement activities within the Quality Management System
- Participate in deviation and complaint investigations as requested.
- To ensure that the relevant principles of “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP) are applied at all times
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other relevant legislation e.g. Medicines Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- To follow Standard Operating Procedures and to contribute to the development and maintenance of these and other work instructions
The successful candidate should have ‘A’ levels in science or BTEC in applied science and be able to expand on previous work experience with demonstrable work ethic; they should be self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic to enable them to contribute to our continuing growth. You must be a team player who is quick to react to changing priorities and has a passion for delivering quality products. Bath ASU has a commitment to personal development, training and is an NCFE approved training centre. You can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero carbon status.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary band £18,739.50 per annum
- 21 days holiday (increasing with service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Bath ASU is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV expressing what qualities and experiences you could bring to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is – Monday 29th April 2019. Interviews will take place on Thursday 9th May 2019. You will be contacted by Thursday 2nd May 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.