(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning, market leading and family owned business that serves customers, patients and medical professionals. A specialist company with a commercial approach within the pharmaceutical Aseptic compounding, Clinical Homecare and laboratory services sectors. Our approach engenders autonomy and accountability – we have a track record of investing in our people. We have recently invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing and office facility in Corsham Science Park. Qualasept now employ over 250 people and has combined sales of more than £190 million from its three subsidiaries.
Our knowledge base ranges from scientific discovery in R&D to process development in manufacturing. Our teams carry academic achievement across the spectrum from our internal accredited qualification to multiple PhDs.
About the role
Responsibilities for this role will include:
Health and Safety
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Develop and enforce OSH policies (e.g. accident reporting process)
- Direct accident investigation procedures
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Organize and conduct OSH training plans
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Liaise with and report to official regulatory bodies on OSH matters
- Assist with the preparation of documents to put out tenders for contractors
- Organise, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
- Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Coordinate and plan essential services such as security, maintenance, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
- Assist with the allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Commitment to participate in any extended hours rotas or Bank Holidays rotas.
- To attend such study days and up-dating course as are deemed necessary for the advancement of the service
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Head of Engineering
Candidates must be computer literate and have 3 years’ experience working as a facilities coordinator or with a strong facilities background. Experience of working within a pharmaceutical aseptic manufacturing environment would be advantageous, but full training will be given. You must also have an IWFM Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principle or equivalent.
Candidates must be organised, have excellent communication skills and be adaptable to change. This role works within the engineering/facilities department to achieve maximum output through planned and preventative action ensuring buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
We are looking for a self-motivated, dynamic candidate who can contribute to our continuing growth. You must be a team player who can take responsibility for planning and developing courses of action and is quick to react to changing priorities and has a passion for delivering quality whilst ensuring site-wide compliance, safety and accuracy.
Life at Bath ASU and benefits
Bath ASU has a commitment to personal development and is an NCFE approved training centre. Nestled in the heart of the West Country with immediate access to the World Heritage City of Bath you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero-carbon status.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £25k to £30k (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills) per annum
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Bath ASU is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV expressing what qualities and experiences you could bring to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is – 24th February 2019. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6th March 2019, you will be contacted by Tuesday 26th February 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.