Deputy Production Manager
(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week on a shift rota)
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
If yes then read on…”
Due to the expansion of our site and services we are currently recruiting a Deputy Production Manager. Are you passionate about making a difference to patient lives? Are you dedicated to improving company processes? If so you could join our friendly, dynamic team in the development of our capacity and capability to manufacture our products so that we can deliver them to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond. This is an exciting position to support our company strategy and ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional service to the business and our customers.
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- To manage and organise the work of the production team in the production of all specials pharmaceuticals.
- To plan the day-to-day workload to meet demands in accordance with clinical priority, client priority, GMP, Department of Health Guidelines on Aseptic Dispensing, financial expediency and the capacity of the Unit
- Stakeholder for the introduction and validation of new processes and technologies employed in aseptic preparation including improvements in time, cost or accuracy etc.
- Day to day management of production team and responsibility for overseeing sickness, interviews, grievance and disciplinary’s and performance management reviews.
- To ensure that the personnel managed by the post-holder are fully compliant with the requirements of the MHRA Specials Manufacturing Licence
- To act as Deputy Production Manager in accordance with the rules governing GMP for the preparation of specified batches of products.
- Responsible for the organisation of training and validation/revalidation of all production staff
- Investigation and documentation of deviations and complaints including both corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with the competent person to achieve compliance with the COSHH (1988) Regulations.
- Commitment to manage and participate in any extended hours rotas or Bank Holiday rotas.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of secure systems (computerised and written) for the recording of batch production and patient data in accordance with MHRA requirements.
- To assist in the preparation of coherent and concise procedures governing all aspects of drug handling, including worksheet preparation, labelling presentation, storage and administration
The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, and a minimum of 3 years’ within a Supervisory / Management role. An NCFE / BTech Pharmaceutical Sciences qualification or equivalent and experience of process improvements within a pharma manufacturing environment.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £32k – £40k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days paid holiday, increasing with service up to 34 days (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme (enhanced company contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
About the company
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Microgenetics Ltd is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The QPHL Group now includes over 260 people with a leading edge turnover greater than £190 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit.
How to apply
If you would like a full job description for this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV detailing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role, please email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is – Friday 11th October 2019. Interviews will take place on – Monday 21st October 2019