Degree Apprentice Software Developer
Permanent Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
“Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals?
If yes then read on…”
QPHL is the UK’s fastest-growing privately-owned pharmaceuticals business. We are seeking someone to join our team and complete a degree apprenticeship fully supported while working within the team to produce bespoke software to support our group of companies.
We are in the process of building a second team to meet the growing demand for development work within the business. We are looking for a self-motivated, engaged individual who will work collaboratively with the team, a proven track record of problem-solving would be good.
You will need some fundamental programming skills, but we especially value the ability to learn quickly and on the job as our team invests heavily in mentoring new hires.
What will be expected of you
In your role as an apprentice software developer you will spend one day a week working towards your BSc (Honours) degree in Digital and Technology Solutions provided by The Open University. The remainder of the time you will work as part of the team and will be involved in the following:
- Design and implementation of improvements to a range of software and technology products
- Testing and deployment of new releases
- Working with both local and remote team members
- Taking part in discussions with users to capture requirements
- Supporting users of our software when issues arise which cannot be solved by first-line support
- Exploration of new technologies which could support/ benefit the business
As part of your role you will receive exposure and training to the following:
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Working in a GxP regulated environment
- C# and .Net Core
- Building HTTP APIs
- HTML / CSS
- Automated unit & integration testing
- CQRS, Event sourcing and message-based architectures
- SQL, ORM frameworks and Database Design
- Git and Github
- Access to training resources including a Pluralsight subscription, with time at work reserved for technical learning
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary of £18,000-£ 21,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays. Increasing with service
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
About the company
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Microgenetics Ltd is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The QPHL Group now includes over 300 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit. We are currently recruiting and Human Resources Recruitment and Onboarding Manager who can ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional service.
How to apply
If you would like a full job description for this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV expressing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is – Monday 23rd September 2019. You will be contacted by Thursday 26th September 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview and these will take place w/c 7th October 2019.